Events

National Lung Cancer Partnership EVENTS
click the link above, for events.

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month!

April is National Donate Life Month



Friday, March 14, 2008

I worked Out Yesterday.... and it hurt

My first real workout since the transplant 1 year and 1 week ago.



I link to the photographers (William DeShazer) blogsite that took pictures of my workout

http://www.willdeshazer.com/blog/2008/03/14/horses-and-heroes/


I am back, or almost back.... the extremely long road to recovery and the old me continues. I made it into the gym (http://www.ryanymcafw.org/) Ryan Family YMCA yesterday. My workout was not that long and I did not hit the big boy weights, I just worked on resistance machines to retrain my muscles and get my old form back; I hope to graduate and move on to the weight room in about a month or two. I also was able to jump rope for about a minute and a half (even with bad feet neuropathy) no pain no gain; as Coach Bras. used to say at WSSU "Go hard or Go Home". I realized that I have a mountain to climb to get back to the physical level that I was once at, it is going to take alot of work, simply put I am going to have to pay the price with blood, sweet, and tears.

Note: the ab wheel really hurts your chest after having it cracked/sawed open. I used to be able to do this, I was first introduced to the ab wheel in 1992..... am I that old now that was 16 years ago.



4 comments:

  1. good job working out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! I'm so happy for you! Take it easy, though. You made me smile about learning the ab wheel 16 years ago. My husband recently bought a bicycle to go on long rides. He fell the other day and skinned himself up pretty bad, along with hurting his hand. We take so much for granted, don't we. Keeping you in my prayers, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anthony Dash! I want to wish you and your family a very happy Easter holiday! I am glad to hear and see that you are back in the gym and building up to your old workout routines. I know how important working out is to you--boy do I know how important it is! (smile)

    Well, my family and my church family continue to pray for you and your miraculous recovery! Take care!
    -Carol A.K.A. "S.M." ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you today. Hope you're just too busy enjoying life to send out an update. :-)
    God bless, Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting on my blog.