Events

National Lung Cancer Partnership EVENTS
click the link above, for events.

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month!

April is National Donate Life Month



Thursday, March 12, 2009

Still stuck in the Spa (hospital) but getting burned out though....

I am still stuck in the hospital and raising hell (or getting my point across) while ensuring all those that are charged with my care, management, and recovering understand that we are in a partnership. My definition of a partnership for my current spa treatment is as follows:

I am a patient I demand that information be shared with me regardless of which side of the good news / bad news spectrum it falls on. Communication(s) are key to a good strong partnership.

I am not and will never be the textbook cancer, or transplant patient that most standard of care procedures were designed for.

Schedule treatment with me don’t just sashay your Crocs (another word can be substituted in the place of Crocs) into my room for whatever treatment you are there to give. Respect is a two-way street.

I really hoped to be out of the hospital by now, and I certainly never thought my chest-tubes would still be sticking out of my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for commenting on my blog.