Events

National Lung Cancer Partnership EVENTS
click the link above, for events.

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month!

April is National Donate Life Month



Monday, March 05, 2012

Almost 5 years

5 years ago today I started getting prep for a lung transplant. I wasn't expecting the call I was preparing for a 5K in San Francisco that was coming up and helping my other BAD lung homies. I got the call while eating dinner at the Spa. Getting the call while already at the Spa was not good because it was laundry night (3 wks worth of clothes built up) and apartment clean-up night too. My wife and mom and friends got to experience my bachelors pad it was a throw back to my undergrad days and time in Rhode Island, No VA, and FTW.... basically my carefree days.

Anyway the five year mark starts now b/c they prepped me starting at about 5pm the surgery started around midnight and went into the early morn hours the next day. I will post more Tuesday in keeping with the spirit of the long life saving procedure I underwent.

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2-new-lungs Birthday!!! Glad I wasn't asked to finish those 3 weeks of launry that day.

    take a deep breath for me,

    James,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog title! I appreciate your story so much, it inspires me a lot to do an even better job with my alternative cancer treatment centers, Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story – I really touched me! You can also find a lot of lung cancer stories and photos of people who have fought the disease here on a site called hello have you heard, about lung cancer: http://www.hellohaveyouheard.com/lung-cancer-awareness-wall/ The stories of survival are so inspiring to read, and give me a lot of hope that one day, we’ll really be able to beat lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to be fair, you didn't say _which_ Tuesday :-)
    Glad to hear from you in 2013! Mark Whiting

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting on my blog.