Events

National Lung Cancer Partnership EVENTS
click the link above, for events.

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month!

April is National Donate Life Month



Sunday, November 08, 2009

post - DFW Lung cancer walk


Raegan and Ravyn on the trail as I am running behind them multitasking (drinking water, taking pictures, trying to catch my breath, all the while reciting "I think I can.. I think I can").
The second picture is post race, we just did the 3k again this year so they could play in the bounce house and because I was really tired.
The walk was great I really enjoyed it even though I had to bribe the girls to not give me a hard time. I ran a little late for the opening ceremonies which is why I had to again bride the girls so I could make it at all. I had a great presentation to give but, it fell by the waist side once I got up to speak and start the race off. I hope to be better prepared next year if I am asked back. I got in some short burst sprints along the trail as I was pushing my youngest daughter on her bike and chasing the oldest so she would not get out of my line of sight. Katie did a fantastically awesome job along with the other Lungevity staff and volunteers.

2 comments:

  1. I have written you before wishing you all the best.I also have BAC and run the website on that at
    http://lungcancerlife.blogspot.com.
    We have a rare cancer,but as deadly as all the others.All the best on the run.

    Believe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet story. Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting on my blog.