Recap of Day 1:
We were up and out of the house at 0 Dark Hundred (translation it is very early for two guys that aren’t morning folks or I am not a morning guy and James is retired now so he gets to sleep in OH I am jealous as I have A LONG TIME before I can even say retire). I was real tired as I was up since 0246 when the Typhoon / Sunami rolled through the DFW and knocked out power 4 times.
Traffic was a mess, we saw a lot of tree, power lines, signs, tractor tralers and other stuff along the highway that had been blown down in all the wind/rain/hail that we had last night.
- We made good time and got to the hospital at 0720.
- Got my blood work done I needed to eat I had to fill up darn near 20 viles of blood for various test, I NEEDED TO EAT, I ATE, forget the NPO stuff I ATE ……. Food was good two vegi-breakfast tacos and a large chocolate milk, nap time as I head off to the transplant clinic ( I can always catch a nap up there).
- CT scan / X-Ray went fine
- I got the Aorta ultrasound but had to reschedule the abdominal ultrasound because I ate….. and it was freakin' good too (no regrets the stomach gets what the stomach wants, feed the hunger)
Back to the lung transplant (lung txp) clinic; saw the docs. More blood work was order (whoopee thrilled) then off to the bronch.
- Bronch took place they had a hard time getting my IV started, one too many sticks… oh yea I got the shoot I always hate in the rear.
- Oh yea ran a fever of 102 last night, I think it was b/c the bronch so I called the docs and I may have to be admitted into the hospital later today. We shall see, although a hospital visit will break my (Stay the hell out of the hospital streak).