Events

National Lung Cancer Partnership EVENTS
click the link above, for events.

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month!

April is National Donate Life Month



Thursday, March 19, 2009

Double Date

I hope I will have a double date with the girls R2 this eve.


Since this most recent surgery and the cancer recurrence my meds have changed slightly. I take Prednisone (steroid) 5mg once per day and Bactrim double strength on Monday and Thursday now.

With the med change I am now walking a tight rope because my doctors and I are in a delicate balancing act. By lowering my Prednisone I will be boosting my immune system yeah fewer viruses GOOD and fighting the cancer (Jack's army, Jack's brothers, Jackass part two....).

With a stronger immune system (NOT GOOD) I increase my chances of rejection, I white blood cells want to aggressively attack foreign objects in the body (i.e. transplanted lungs in my case).

NO ONE SAID IT WOULD BE EASY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for commenting on my blog.